Activities at The Cedars…
Cedars Cottages lies in a valley all of it’s own hosting an unbelievably complex world of wildlife. Wherever one wanders, one’s gaze is rewarded with the tranquility and breathtaking beauty of the Cedars. Australian wildlife abound and there are other activities you can enjoy as well. On farm activities and services include:
Morning Feed Up
Each and every morning at 8am we feed our farmyard animals their breakfast – hens, pigs, sheep, donkeys, horses and cows. Its always a great photo opportunity! If you are gentle with the animals they will just love you. We can also sit you and your family on a cow or horse depending how they feel. The meeting spot to commence the morning feed is located within a short walk of Misty Glen & Dairy cottages. And only a short drive from the Yurt & Sunnybank cottages.
Daily Wildlife Spotting
You are free to discover wildlife on the Cedars property whenever you like! Roaming free are a multitude of wildlife species in the open paddocks and in the rain-forest environment. Some you will see are; echidna, wallaby, lyrebird, wombat, kangaroo, kookaburra and the many varieties of bird life. Two wedge-tail eagles live in the nearby mountains and they can often be seen circling for their supper. However not all of the animals at the Cedars are wild.
Evening glow worms tour
After dark join us for a visit to the glowworms. On a low moon they especially shine brightly and are a marvel to see. Call our care taker if you are interested – 02 4465 2850.
Hiking (open activity)
Follow the marked trails for a wonderful trek experience that will take you through mountain country seldom visited. Trekkers use the kilometers of various grades of safe walking tracks for personalised preparation for Kokoda or Kilimanjaro, or the more adventurous traveller can be guided up Kennan’s Pass to our hut on the escarpment. Not for the feint hearted.
The Cedars features kilometres of various grades of safe walking tracks. To start planning your days at The Cedars, here is an aerial map of The Cedars’ Walking Trails.
It’s a 10 minute walk to the creek where you can refresh yourself with a swim in the holes dotted up and down and don’t forget to look up into the river gums that line the creek and you’ll see the enormous Staghorns.
After an energetic walk you may enjoy a visit by our masseuse, Fran – 02 4465 1599. She will come to you and take away your cares.
Massages are at additional cost
Activities in Town
- Fishing – John – 02 4465 1082. John can sell you the right gear and can advise of the right spots.
- Canoeing And Mountain Bike Riding – Glynn – 02 4465 1502. This is a fun, active, and most picturesque activity for all. www.kangaroovalleycanoes.com.au
- Golfing – KV Country Club – 02 4465 0200. Golfers of all standards enjoy this course. www.kangaroovalleygolf.com.au
- Horse Riding – Geoff – 02 4465 1912. A ramble through the trails. www.kangaroovalleyhorseriding.com
Places Of Interest
- Pioneer Museum At Hampden Bridge – 02 4465 2026 www.kangaroovalleymuseum.com
- Art, Pottery And Craft Shops – www.kangaroovalleytourist.asn.au/dir/galleries
- Yarrawa Estate (our Local Winery) – 02 4465 1165 www.yarrawaestate.com
- Tallowa Dam, Lake Yarrunga – (fishing, boating – canoes, kayaks, sail boats, BBQ facilities etc www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Yarrunga.htm
Places to Eat – www.kangaroovalleytourist.asn.au/dir/cafes
- Bistro 146 0244 652 820 www.bistro146.com.au
- Jing Jo Cafe Restaurant (Thai) – 02 4465 1314 www.kangaroovalleytourist.asn.au/listing/cafes/116/
- Bella Cafe – Dinner Only (international food) – 02 4465 1660 www.kangaroovalleytourist.asn.au/listing/cafes/112/
- Friendly Inn Hotel And Bistro (valley pub) – 02 4465 1133
- Kangaroo Valley Golf Club – Old Woodfires Restaurant – 02 4465 1131 www.kangaroovalleygolf.com.au/restaurant.aspx
- Kangaroo Valley Fudge House – 02 4465 1375
- The General Cafe – (02) 4465 1660
- AirBNB www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/2454011
- Stayz www.stayz.com.au
- Visit NSW & Tourism NSW www.visitnsw.com
- iHerb Australia – Online Orders
- Kids Holidays Online – www.kidsholidaysonline.com.au
- Shoalhaven Holidays www.shoalhavenholidays.com.au then select “Cedars Cottages, Kangaroo Valley” from the dropdown box for Accommmodation
- Kangaroo Valley Tourist Association www.kangaroovalleytourist.asn.au